Sunday, May 3

The Weekend Summary

Another weekend gone by. Why do the weekends go so quickly? Why do children grow up so fast? Why do I keep having to yank grey hairs from my head when I am clearly not old enough to HAVE grey hair? Okay, maybe I am old enough...

My little soccer team did SO well this weekend! I was very impressed! This is my fifth season coaching this age group. When I started I seemed to have a lot of really young players on my team - probably because many of the other kids were friends of Allison's and so they were the same age as her. Now that she is older it seems that many of my team is older also. The other thing is that I've been coaching at least half the kids on my team for at least three seasons. Well, I finally feel like all of the instruction I've been giving them all these seasons has actually sunk in! For instance, after a goal is scored all I have to tell them is "Okay, back where you were when we started the game!" And off they go into their positions! It used to take me five minutes to get them all into positions and ready to go! Same thing with throw ins. On Saturday I told Molly, "Go ahead and take the throw in." She went to the sideline and with her feet firmly planted on the ground behind the boundary line she did a perfect throw in. I used to have to be right there giving them reminders about a correct throw in. I was so proud of them! They are totally getting basic soccer stuff!! Even my shyest player got in there and scored a goal!! He's come such a long way! My little miss scored a goal too! And she did a great job as our goalie!

Back to school tomorrow. I'm working in the afternoon a few days this week. That's good because it gives me a chance to do my groceries. I have such a hard time dragging myself to the grocery store in the afternoon!! I'm working with a little boy in Allison's class - he's a cutie! The other day I was sitting on a chair and he stopped as he passed by me to give me a peck on the cheek! Very charming! So next time he gives me a run for my money I'll have to remember how sweet he can be!

We're planning on going to Disney World next April break! We haven't been in 2 1/2 years! It would be okay if we went somewhere different BUT I really want Allison to be able to go again. She doesn't remember being there :( I want her to have that experience. We were going to do the Disney cruise for four nights and then the resort for three but boy oh boy is it expensive! So now we're just planning to spend a week in Florida instead. If the price is right we'll stay on property, if not we'll find a nice condo outside the park. We'll see.

Got new tires on my SUV today. I've been driving around with a nail in one for about a month. The air kept leaking out SLOWWWLY. I bet I'll be getting better gas mileage now! Ed said he thought it rides better now too.

Our new nephew is supposed to be born any minute! He was due yesterday. My poor sister in law! I remember waiting for Katie to be born - she was TEN days late!! I was so ready for that child to be out of my body!! Hopefully Erica won't be waiting much longer!

Have a great week!