Monday, May 18

Nurturing the Blog

Since becoming a Facebook junkie I've neglected my poor blog worse than ever. That's not good. For over three years now I've hung onto this blog hoping it would be a nice place to visit and catch up with me and my family. I need to work on this a bit, don't you think?

Busy weekend. Mom and Dad came down and we had three soccer games to go to. Plus, Ed and Dad put together most of Allison's new swing set. On Saturday as we were getting ready to head to Allison's game she fell down the front porch steps and knocked out a tooth! It bled alot. It was a loose tooth but clearly wasn't quite ready to come out yet. Poor little miss. It hurt alot too. She's a trooper though and played her game, but she was kind of dragging and I thought she looked a little pale. A little bit of Motrin seemed to help the soreness. Then Katie had a game later that afternoon and one yesterday afternoon. They won one and lost the other.

So, we are planning to head back to Disney World next April vacation. The unfortunate thing about Disney World (DW) is that most of the rooms on Disney resort property don't fit a family of five. They are for families of four. Unless of course you're willing to shell out a big chunk of change for a deluxe resort. We are not willing... There are a couple of options on DW property, like Port Orleans Riverside or the family suites at the All Star Resort - but even so these rooms are a bit cramped for us. That means I've had to explore other possibilities - off DW property. Fortunately, I read a website called Mousesavers.com. I've used suggestions from that site more than once and have been very pleased! There's a whole section on hotels that the site developer recommends and why. There are some really good options for us! And the thing is, since they are off DW property they are MUCH CHEAPER than a room on property! And you get a bigger room with nice amenities like Bath and Body Works products, balconies, breakfast included - you get the idea. I think we've narrowed it down to two choices: Royal Plaza & Caribe Royale. I'd be interested in any opinions you have to offer :) Mousesavers has negotiated special rates for these hotels as well, so the price really can't be beat. I love planning trips!

This summer the girls and I are headed to Maine to spend a week at Camp Good News. Katie has been there a few times as a camper but this year she'll go as a Junior Counselor along with her cousin Michayla and friend Alicia! Becky will be a camper, with her friend Rachel. And Allison will be a day camper which means she'll bunk with me (I'll be on staff there) at night and do camper activities during the day. Even our nephew, Kaleb, is going! My mom will be there too - which I think is awesome! It's going to be a great week! The only downside is spending a week away from Ed :(

Time to be productive before heading in to work at 11:30! Happy Monday!