Thursday, March 5

Thursday Ramblings

This is the first day I haven't gone to school with my children in quite some time. I'm cleaning my house but figured I could spare a few minutes to tend to the blog. I'm also listening to K-Love. I LOVE that radio station! If you don't get it in your area you can listen online anytime! I think Lucy is glad to have me home with her - although she seemed confused when I showed up after taking the girls to the bus stop. She's got her own little routine when we aren't home, I think.
It's funny how blessings come in many different packages. Yesterday at work I was DREADING recess duty. It was very cold! So I bundled up and hoped the time would go by quickly. After I'd been out only a few minutes a little boy came up to me and took my hand. He's in first grade and has autism. I helped in the cooking class with him last week and obviously he remembered me. I asked if he wanted to walk around with me and he did. So off we went. Then this other little boy - who I'd never seen before - came up and took my other hand. Very sweet. We walked around together for the entire recess. That made my day! By the way, Allison was out at recess but she's much too busy being SOCIAL to hang out with her mom! That's okay, I love watching her play with her friends. It makes me glad to know that she is just fine while she's away from home.
I haven't had much luck broiling steak lately. The last time I tried the steak actually CAUGHT ON FIRE! I was a little freaked out when I pulled a flaming steak from the oven! Last night I thought I'd give it another try. Needless to say I was a bit wary. I kept a watchful eye on the broiler pan but I couldn't help getting nervous when I heard lots of sizzling and saw some smoke. I pulled it out and gave up my attempt at broiling. I then proceeded to put the steak in the microwave - I know, YUCK! Fortunately it tasted just fine with A-1 sauce! Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I think I'll stick with grilling.
Allison's birthday is coming up soon. We are having a bowling party and she's invited her entire class! Twenty kids! I'm either crazy or stupid - or both!! Should be a fun, silly, rambunctious time!!
Gotta go clean the upstairs now!