Thursday, January 22

Our Boy From Ghana

We got a letter from our Compassion sponsor child yesterday. It was the best letter we've ever received from him! Why? Because he wrote it all by himself! A couple of things he said were priceless! "I pray that Allison's teeth would come fast so that she can chew fish well. To Becky and Katie, I say hello. Hi Lucy, stop being lazy. I love everybody...I love you." He included drawings, as he usually does, on the back of the letter, but this time they were labeled! Anyway, I was really proud of him for writing the letter himself and we all just loved the way he related to what we wrote him about. It made our day to hear from him. It's amazing how a piece of paper from a boy whom we've never met bring us such joy! As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing..."