Thursday, January 15

History and Stuff

How come oil prices are down to less than $35 a barrel and gas prices haven't budged? Hmmm... I do wonder about these things.

I also have to admit that even though I didn't vote for Barrack Obama, and I disagree with some of his views, I am getting a bit caught up in the inauguration excitement. It's a very historical event - our nation's first non-white president... Many historical events - the ones I remember - from my lifetime have been sad... 9/11, the Challenger exploding, etc. This one is positive. I'm glad about that.

Shop Talk: For the first time in a long while I sat down at the computer and typed the beginnings of my latest attempt at story telling. I'm trying very hard to be patient and not rush it. I usually hurry with my details but this time I want to be careful. I want to create characters, scenes, dialogue, and conflict without skimping. My goal is to have something to submit to my critique group next month. I think I'll be ready. It may a VERY rough draft that my ladies get but at least they'll have lots to comment on! It's also time to think about attending the writer's conference I went to last year. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think I want to go again. Last year it was overwhelming and nerve wracking, but this year I know I'd feel much more prepared for being there. We'll see.

I just spoke with my brother on the phone. He cracks me up - not for any specific reason, he just cracks me up. I definitely appreciate him more than I ever did when we were growing up. He's a good guy and his girlfriend is super sweet too.

I'm a little confused by claims that global warming is some sort of problem for our planet. It is most certainly not any kind of warm here in New England! As I type this it is -1! And that doesn't include the wind chill factor. Yowza! Stay warm everyone!