Thursday, November 6

My Favorite Blogs - Part 2

I hope you checked out the Pioneer Woman's blog yesterday. I check in with her every morning while I eat my cereal. Actually that's the time I check in with all of my favorite blogs!
Today I want to introduce you to Way Out West. This blog is written by my dear friend Heather. We've known each other since elementary school and our blogs are how we keep up with each other! Heather is a Maine native who now lives in beautiful Idaho with her husband and two young boys. After a few years as a working (outside the home) mom, Heather now stays home with her sweet boys. Her blog is funny, inspiring, real, and relevant. It's refreshing to read about the struggles she experiences in raising her family as well as the joys. This upbeat blog is also the place to find fantastic recipes, with photos I might add. Way Out West is full of fun ideas to share with your children like, Muffin Tin Monday, a new regular feature that Heather has done for a few weeks now. If you want to spend time reading about things you can totally relate to then head on over to Way Out West!

The Northeast is experiencing the most balmy November weather! It's a bit drizzly today but WARM! We'll take it! It won't be long before we're up to our EYEBALLS in snow - which I love! We're off to Barrington, Rhode Island tomorrow for our last soccer tournament of the season. I'm so thankful that the weather will be so much warmer than last year. We all froze our bee-hinds off!

Some of you may remember my rotten luck with all of my kitchen appliances. Basically they all ceased to function - one at a time. All except the dishwasher, that is...until recently. About three weeks ago it also stopped working. Actually, it worked fine until it was time for it to drain the filthy, nasty, water. So now, I own a pretty, new, stainless steel dishwasher! My old one was white, which was fine since it matched the cabinets. But since we found this one on clearance at Sears, at my other appliances are stainless, we figured we'd go with the shiny silver model. I like it just fine. I don't think I'm particularly attached to any of my kitchen appliances. They're all nice enough but if I'm going to be excited about an appliance it's going to be my DYSON vacuum!! I do love that machine...

I think I'll take old Lucy girl for a walk before the girlies come home from school. I hope the humidity doesn't frizz my hair all out like I stuck my finger in a socket!!!