Tuesday, October 7

Fish for Dinner?

I'm still in shock over what I made for dinner and we all (me included) ate it. I made Oven Baked Salmon Fillets Dijon. Why is this so shocking, you ask? Well, because I don't like fish! Never have. But, in the name of mixing up the dinner menu and adding something healthy I decided to try a fish recipe. I actually had that "No way am I gonna get this down" feeling but I kept telling myself - "it's just like tuna. I like tuna." Becky actually went back for seconds and Allison ate all that I gave her. Ed and Katie are fishaholics anyway so of course they loved it. I liked it fine enough and I'll try another fish recipe next week but me and fish are far from being in love! Here's the recipe:

Oven Baked Salmon Fillets Dijon

4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
2 to 3 Tbsp Dijon style mustard
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
Place each fillet on top of foil, skin side down.
Spread top and sides of each fillet with a thin layer of mustard, using 2 tsp. for each.
Cover mustard with a layer of breadcrumbs. Drizzle butter over tops of fish. Bake until fish are opaque in center, about 15 minutes. With spatula, lift salmon to serving plates leaving skin on baking sheet. Serves 4.