Tuesday, September 23

On Our Own

The girls and I have been on our own since the beginning of last week. This is a pretty long stretch for us. Normally Ed will travel 3 or 4 days during the week and that's it. And he doesn't have to travel very often. This trip is his longest since we've had children, I think. Fortunately we've been able to stay pretty occupied. School and soccer have filled up lots of time and it really hasn't been terrible. I've let the girls take baths in my bathroom tub. It's a very large jet tub so for Allison especially it's like a small pool! I think that was the highlight of the weekend for them. They've each had a turn sleeping in my room. Katie and Becky watch TV with me for awhile. Allison just likes to go to sleep! Last Friday we went to a concert. The headlining band was Sanctus Real. Tenth Avenue North and VOTA (formerly known as Casting Pearls) were there too. It was amazing! Allison usually stays home with either Ed or I when these late evening events come up. But this time either all of us went or none of us went. She did fine, although she was literally asleep in my lap during the last song! Anyway, the concert was incredible! There's a guy from our church who books these groups and does the setup/take down work for the concerts. He told Katie he could definitely use her help backstage sometime if she's interested. She's very excited about that!! There's something about meeting professional performers! Here's a couple of pictures from the show - of the show. I didn't get any good ones of the kids. Sorry.




VOTA



Sanctus Real


Time to meet the bus! Don't forget to watch The Biggest Loser tonight!