Wednesday, September 10

Miss Popularity

Here we are half way through the second week of school. I was concerned that Allison's enthusiasm would wane by this point. Oh contraire, mon frere. Other than some worries she had about the bus ride home she's been LOVING school! I'm so thankful about that. She's even letting Becky walk her to her class each day. I'm so proud of my little miss. This morning I sent the girls down the school hallway toward Allison's class, and then waited for Becky to come back my way to go to her own class (she's so sweet to be willing to walk her little sister WAY out of her way!). It seemed like it was taking a long time and it was getting close to the late bell ringing. I started to think that Allison had become clingy with Becky or something. Finally with 5 minutes to spare Becky came back down the hall. I asked her if anything went wrong and she said, "No. We kept running into people that wanted to say hi to Allison!" I will say that Allison's two years as a guest lunch room visitor, classroom helper, and honorary elementary school student have left her with a bit of a fan club. Plus, she has two older sisters with friends who LOVE to dote on her. I'm so glad that my little girl can find a friendly, familiar face around every corner of her new school.

I'm having a bit of frustration with Katie's school stuff. It's supposed to be an Online Academy with teachers who offer help and assistance. I'm not feeling the help and assistance part. There's one man who I can call and he answers all my questions, but the way the system is set up I'm supposed to be able to leave notes with questions for teachers of specific subjects. I'm not sure what they are going to do for us that I can't do myself. The computer grades most of her work already. Hopefully my questions will be answered today!

My dear, sweet husband took the new car for a spin last night and then sat in the garage and played with all of the gadgets and gizmos. This morning when the girls and I got in it to bring them to school the battery was DEAD. Apparently, after sitting in it, sucking juice from the battery for about an hour, he proceeded to leave the interior light on all night. The poor thing tried to start. She gave it a really good effort. And I could tell that she didn't want to let me down. I don't blame her for this little oops. Thankfully my trusty van was standing by ready to assist. We have to give it back on Saturday (sniff, sniff).

Shop Talk: My big plans of spending GOBS of time writing once school started got interrupted when we decided to homeschool Katie. Not drastically interrupted but definitely revised. I found, however, that I have 45 minutes of completely uninterrupted time each day when I bring her to her math class. That doesn't sound like much but it really is plenty. I still have time during the day that I can spend writing while Katie is working on school stuff, I just have to be available to help her. So, as the school year progresses we are finding our way to a routine that works. And so far I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I may have jury duty next week. Not good. I won't find out if I have to report until Monday and then I'd have to be there on Tuesday. Hopefully my number won't come up and I won't have to go at all. Or, if my number does get called maybe they'll decide I'm an unfit juror. Say a prayer that I won't have to serve, would you, please?