Wednesday, April 16

I Love Research

Shop Talk: I've discovered that I have a real love for research. I spent two uninterrupted hours at the library this morning in the Local History and Genealogy department. I was looking up information for the baseball article I plan to write. What fun I had pouring over countless newspaper articles and local history information. I know more about baseball's beginnings than I ever thought I'd care to know - and that's a great thing! I even took a drive by Park Square where the incident I'm writing about took place and I think I want to include a couple of pictures with my article. I'll need to head to the museum and see if they have some photographs from the time period I need. That's one thing I learned at the conference - museum curator's and librarians are an invaluable source for information. I got to see that this morning! I've said before that non fiction seems to be a thing for me and this morning's research kind of confirmed that.

We're heading to NYC next week. Should be a fun time! I'm counting on getting in some major people watching! There's some good writing inspiration oozing from that city I'm sure!

I've received my list of spring soccer Pre-K and K players. Once again I'll have a very young team with several who have never played before. We won't win but we'll have fun - I hope! Katie and Becky are my helpers this season. The younger kids just love it when an older child is on the scene to teach them something, at least that's been my experience. We'll have our first practice in a week or so. I'm looking forward to it - I think...

It's gorgeous here today with more beautiful weather on tap for the rest of the week. Happy Wednesday!