Monday, March 17

A Successful Day

It may only be 3:30 in the afternoon, but already I feel like I've accomplished much and would call this day a productive one. Mondays are typically busy since I spend the morning at Becky's school volunteering. I do alot of back and forth driving too! This afternoon I had an errand to run and needed to get the house in shape for Bible study tonight. Usually I feel a bit overwhelmed by the regular stuff I have to do as well as the extra I do for our meeting. For some reason today I didn't feel that way. I somehow got my errand done, dusted and vacuumed, and even got on the treadmill for a half hour. YAY! Now I just have to make dinner which is an easy casserole. Success I say!!

Shop Talk: I've gotten my first batch of manuscripts to critique from my CG (Critique Group). Once again I am so encouraged by this group. They are so talented and insightful. It is truly inspiring to work with them! I find it difficult to offer suggestions to these ladies. I think I'm the least experienced writer in the group!! What business do I have telling, eh-hem, suggesting, to them what to change, add, delete, etc.? I hope I'm as encouraging to them as they have been to me!
Another part of my success today is that I began writing my early chapter book. I hope to be able to share more about it as it evolves. I'm trying the 'just sit and type' approach. I'll edit/revise later. So far I like where it's going. I hesitate to even tell you my protagonist's name. If I do, she'll be real. She'll be out there for your criticism and judgement. I don't think I'm ready to let you all into my writing world quite that much. I'm certainly not confident enough in my writing ability. Soon, I hope. So, bear with me. I'll fill you in as soon as I'm ready. Maybe after chapter one is written. I want to submit it to my CG at that point.

Time to start dinner and keep things on track so that when I lay my weary head on my pillow I can fall asleep knowing I accomplished much today. :)