Thursday, March 27

Farewell?

This may be the last time I post - ever. You see there's a giant spider living in my basement - a tarantula maybe - and if he finds his way into my kitchen from the basement stairs he'll kill us all, I know it. It's true. I saw him with my arachnophobic eyes! I shampooed the rug in the family room this morning and was bringing the shampooer back down to the basement. On my way back up the stairs I saw him. He was on the top step blocking my way, and daring me to challenge him. For a split second I considered stepping over him to safety. But fear took hold and I started running back down the stairs, screaming - yes, screaming my fool head off! I got to the bottom of the stairs and called to Becky to come help me! I know, pathetic. She peeked over the edge of the stairs and saw him. Then she ran away, leaving me alone in the basement! Now, if I wasn't wearing my goofy red pj's I would've gone out the basement door and around to the front door. But there were worker people next door and no way were they going to see me running through my yard with my goofy red jammies on. So, I started calling for Becky to throw me down some clothes. She wouldn't throw them down. Instead she ran around the house in her jammies to the back door with my clothes. I got changed and made it safely back onto the main floor of our house. However, the spider is still at large and quite possibly making his plans for our annihilation! Alright, maybe it wasn't the size of a tarantula but he was ginormous!