Thursday, January 31

Things That Keep Life Interesting

Yesterday was a busy weather day here in our neck of the woods. It started out as a rainy day; rain, rain, rain. At lunch time Allison and I were sitting at the table when she noticed it had started to snow. I'm not talking about a few flakes - it looked like a blizzard! The wind was howling and everything. That kept on for a little while and then it started to sleet, mixed with some freezing rain. I'm not kidding. We headed out to Allison's swim lessons and when we came out of there the sun was blazing in a bright blue sky! I think we had just about every kind of weather imaginable in less than an hours time!

Then yesterday afternoon I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for Becky. I saw her bus down the road. Then I saw the bus pass right by our stop - with my child on it. Hmmm...I was a bit concerned. I immediately called the bus garage where they were able to radio the bus driver. She turned around and brought Becky back to our stop. No one was any worse for the wear, I suppose. The bus driver is new and is apparently still learning the route. I hope she learns fast!

This morning on the way to bring Becky to school we saw the most beautiful coyote. He started to cross in front of us but turned around. We stopped and waited to make sure he didn't run out into the road. He looked at us for a second and decided he'd cross. It was very cool to see him trot across the street. Those yellowish eyes and gray/brown fur were amazingly beautiful. His ears were so alert and he seemed nervous. But once he crossed the street his trot became more confident as he found his way back into the refuge of the woods. What a special treat on a cold, frosty, winter morning.

Ah, the little things that keep life interesting.

Ending With Scripture:
Psalm 33: 6-9 By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; he puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.