Saturday, December 1

A Little of This and A Little of That

There are only 24 days (and a wake up) until Christmas. Wow! When we woke up this morning it actually looked like winter. The ground is covered with a crisp layer of new snow. I think I may try for a nice Christmas picture of the girls outside today. The sun is shining so it's a bright and beautiful day. We'll see.

We put up the Christmas tree last weekend. It's GORGEOUS! I think it is probably my favorite real tree we've ever had! It's FAT and FULL. Hmmm...maybe the girls in front of the VERY FAT tree would be an even nicer picture!

Allison is enjoying the Christmas season as if it is the first one for her. Being so young it is brand new to her every year. I love that. Seeing things through the eyes of my sweet girls has been one of my very favorite parts of motherhood. Allison and I put lights on the bushes out front this week. She loved helping me, until she found a stick and some shiny rocks, then she got distracted and I was on my own. She was good company just the same. Today Ed, Becky, and Katie are going to hang icicle lights around the porch.

Last week I hosted the lady's Bible study group at our house. I just loved having this house filled up with people! We had 17 ladies here - what fun! We had been meeting at church but folks were commenting how we should take turns meeting at different houses thinking it would be warmer, cozier, etc. Then the group got kind of large and it didn't seem possible to fit anywhere but the church. We have a nice sized family room and I knew we could fit so I told them we could meet regularly at our house! They all thanked me a million times for being willing to meet here, but they don't seem to understand how much it meant to me to have them all here. I just love the people of our church and I'm so excited about getting to know the ladies in our group even better.

We went to see Enchanted last night. What an adorable movie! Becky is a HOOT to watch during a movie. She laughs, she crys, she grins - it's very cute. I think I missed some good parts because I was watching her reaction! We all thought the movie was fantastic and give it a definite TWO THUMBS UP!

I think I'd better get my vacuuming done. I wanted to post these pictures of the girls with their new cousin Chase from Thanksgiving. What a treat to see and hold him. He's just such a peanut and oh so cute! The girls and I kept fighting over who got to hold him next!!