Tuesday, December 11

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Here it is Tuesday and I can tell you that I still don't have a working microwave. As a matter of fact, we haven't even been to the store to look at appliances since last week. It's amazing how I am adapting to life without it. It really isn't any trouble. Maybe I can just not have one. Maybe I can just keep a cooler filled with ice and do away with the fridge too! And, hey, we have a grill on the deck. What do we need a stove for?! And while we're at it, Katie and Becky are old enough to do the dishes so I don't really need a dishwasher either! YAY! I just solved the whole appliance issue!!


We had another snow day yesterday. I brought the kids to the movies to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was EXCELLENT! Squeaky clean, fun, engaging, wholesome, the whole bit! Go see it - TWO THUMBS UP!


On Friday Ed and I are going to his work Christmas party. This time it's at the hotel in town. And the invitation said 'FORMAL' dress. YAY - you all know how I like formal parties! So I've been shopping for two weeks for a dress. I actually now have FOUR dresses upstairs in my closet. I'm trying to decide which one is best. I showed them to the Bible study ladies last night and I've narrowed it down to two. One of the dresses is red satin, sleeveless, just below the knee. It's pretty . The other is black with a little bit of sparkle on the waist. It's also sleeveless but has a full skirt and is a tad bit longer than the red. They are both pretty comfortable but the black one is more comfortable. I'm leaning toward the red. I still have to decide about shoes and my hair! At least this year my friend Betsy will be there. She's a HOOT! I'm sure we'll have fun with her and her husband!

Sunday we are having a cookie decorating party for the girls and their friends. Seems as though we've got a tradition going! Last year's party was FUN and the girls asked if they could do it again. Why not?! I just have to figure out when to bake the cookies for them to decorate!


Becky played her first basketball game of the season on Saturday. She did great!! I was so impressed. She's aggressive and confident! I LOVE watching her play! She seems to have a good grasp of the game concepts and has a real handle on what's going on! Good job Becky!!


I'm having a hard time finding the mint Hershey's Kisses for our favorite Christmas cookies! It seems as though they may not be making them anymore!!! Cookies in very cute tin buckets is what the girls are giving their teachers and I was planning to make the Magical Mint Kiss Cookies! What to do...What to do...


13- count 'em 13! - shopping days until Christmas!! HO! HO! HO!