Friday, September 14

Spider Story

So. I was plucking grapes off their vine and putting them in a bowl to be washed. As I'm plucking I noticed an old spider web on the vine. It was no good and I thought probably the spider was LONG GONE. Then my arachnophobia kicked in and I began to think that perhaps the spider was still there. But the voice of reason was still winning out at this point and I figured that even if the spider was still there it was probably small - I mean the old web was small so the spider must be too! I decided to hold up the grape vine and turn it a bit to have a look see at the whole thing before I plucked any more grapes. Sure enough I found the MOTHER OF ALL BROWN SPIDERS on my grapes!!! The grapes that I had been holding and touching!!! I most likely brushed that spider with my fingers!! Maybe it even TOUCHED ME with one of it's long, spindly legs!!! YOWZER! The grapes were promptly dropped into the sink and the spider was washed down the drain. I ran the garbage disposer for a minute to make sure there was no chance of survival! All in all I think I handled it quite calmly. Only a minor screech came out of my mouth and I managed to continue on with preparing lunches for the girls without any more trouble! I didn't like it - that spider - NOT ONE BIT!