Friday, June 29

This and That

Kind of a low key week. Becky had b-ball camp all week in the morning. Katie had a couple of sleepovers and they had friends over to swim. Mostly we hung around the house, swam, and ate ice cream. Not a bad way to spend the day...
I love this picture of the goose family. The babies are so fuzzy. We saw them Father's Day where we went fishing. So cute.

This is the view all around Onota Lake. As you can see, the water was pretty choppy but it was warm and sunny, and oh so pretty.
We went strawberry picking last week. The berries were SO juicy and red - YUM! We picked about 11 pounds, then came home and made two dozen jars of freezer jam. Katie was so helpful making the jam. She did all the chopping and stirred the pectin on the stove. It was nice to spend time with her that way. Here's some pics from the Strawberry Field.




I tried out a mom trick I read about a long time ago. Yesterday, the house needed to be dusted. I figured that since my little dumplings were home maybe they could help. I dread asking them to do that kind of thing because I'm usually met with lots of hemming and hawing. BUT, when I explained that there were coins hidden among the furniture to be dusted it seemed to be just the incentive to WANT to help. I hid quarters under lamps, behind picture frames, between photo albums, on top of shelves. I even got Allison involved by placing coins on TOP of the baseboards so she could 'find' them while she wiped the baseboards down. They were actually asking for more rooms to dust! So, I got some help, they got some cash, and I think we all made out pretty well!

Next week is pretty busy for us. I'm not sure I'll be posting much but I'll try. We'll have house guests from tomorrow until next weekend. I'm looking forward to visiting. My parents are coming down. It will be good to see my mom. She seems to be doing well. I'll get to see for myself that she's getting better and stronger. Then my brother in law and his family; then 'my friend since fourth grade' and her family. Should be a fun week!

I'm having trouble finding time to do my writing work. I think we need to work on some sort of routine that includes the girls having some quiet time and me doing my writing stuff. When I think about it, the girls really do spend some quiet time in their rooms already BUT instead of working on my writing work I'm doing OTHER stuff like laundry or surfing the web or countless other things that really could wait! SO. Perhaps I need to be a little more disciplined in using the time I have to do what I NEED to do. My next assignment is due Aug. 3. I really need to get it done before we head to Sebago Lake at the end of July. That shouldn't be any problem if I just buckle down and DO it!!

If I don't post before hand, HAPPY FOURTH!