Wednesday, June 13

Just Stuff

My mom is continuing to get better. She sounds great on the phone! Thank you to all of you who have called or e-mailed me to let me know you're thinking about our family. It means more than you know.
Today is the last time this school year that Allison and I will go to lunch and recess with Becky. The school principal is retiring and Allison will miss him next year. Hopefully our new principal is as friendly to her as this principal has been. She made him a packet of different pictures she drew or colored. I hesitate to admit this, but I think I will miss him too.
Kind of cloudy, a little bit cool, and VERY muggy today. Yesterday was in the 80's with lots of humidity - my kind of weather. Today is okay. Supposed to be nice again by the weekend, that's when it counts anyway while the kids are in school at least.
Katie has tryouts for fall travel soccer this week. Can you believe that? Her last game for the spring was last weekend and already they're trying out for fall. She'll move up to the Under 14 team where the field is a little bigger, the soccer ball is bigger, and more players are on the field at once. She's ready. I hope she does well. If she makes the team I'm sure they'll be practicing all summer....
In Rebecca's class at school they each get to be the helper of the day periodically. When they are the helper they get to do a sort of show and tell. Beck was the helper on Monday and she wanted to bring in one of the stories I've written. That's so funny to me. I hemmed and hawed and told her she should bring something else but she insisted. I asked why she wanted to bring a story and she said it was because she told her friends that I was writing stories and now she wanted to show them one. Fine, I gave her one to bring in. Funny how excited she was to share it with her class. I was apprehensive to let actual children (other than my own) hear a story I've written let alone the teacher! It made me a little nervous. However, I guess the story got rave reviews and Becky's teacher used it as a teaching aide for their writing exercise that day. Interesting...
I'm supposed to be organizing Allison's closet right now. I went for a LONG walk with Lucy and then I decided to do this, now I need to get upstairs and get to work.