Friday, June 1

A Girl and Her Dog

I'm becoming rather amazed at the relationship between Becky and Lucy. They are so loyal to each other. Recently at bedtime Lucy was laying in Becky's room. After tucking Beck in I called Lucy to come out of the room and downstairs with me, as usual. She got up wagging her tail ready to leave. Then when she reached the doorway she stopped. It was as if she was unable to leave. I kept encouraging her to come but she'd only wag her tail at me, staying put. I gave up and let her stay in there. The next day Becky was home from school sick...
Lucy was always near Becky while she was sick. Here Becky is sleeping on the couch and Lucy hunkered down close by.
I've told you of Lucy's fear of thunderstorms. Becky's room is where she wants to be when she hears the distant rumbling. Last night was no different. The thunder started and Lucy pitter pattered down the hall to her buddy's room. Becky came to get Lucy's bed and this is how we found them this morning...

Becky had moved all the pillows off her bed to make herself a bed on the floor so she could comfort Lucy. I'm telling you, it's just so sweet. Becky prayed to have this dog and it's as if Lucy knows it. So sweet...