Friday, May 25

This and That

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Even the constant noise from all the house building going on and our neighbor's yappy dog can't take away from the gorgeous day it is outside. What makes it even nicer is that my husband is home from work until Tuesday. He got back yesterday afternoon from a week long trip down south and is staying home today and through the long weekend. YAY!
We'll be headed to a soccer tournament this weekend. It's always more enjoyable to be outside watching a game when the sun is out! I hope Katie's team does well. They were the team to beat last season-we'll see if they are this season as well. I coached Allison's soccer practice by myself on Monday. I really liked it and I think I will coach my own team this fall for Allison's age, of course.
I'm happy about Jordin winning American Idol. Let's face it, Blake is going places even though he came in second, no doubt. LOST wasn't quite the cliff hanger I expected which is fine with me. I'm sad that they killed off Charlie, though. Once again I'm not sure what I'll be watching for summertime TV but I know something will catch my eye and get me hooked!
I got my first assignment back from my writing instructor. She had nice things to say and also some super suggestions to make the piece better. I think I've decided to go with a patriotic theme for my next short story. Having Memorial Day and Fourth of July right around the corner it seems appropriate. We'll see; I've changed my mind about five times so far!
Allison has developed quite a fondness for caterpillars. The passed two days she's been carrying them around with her, either in her hands or a small bowl. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about it but it sure is cute. Isn't it funny how a caterpillar with LOTS more legs than a spider is somehow a LOT less scary!? I've got to take some pictures of Allie and her new friends!
Happy Memorial Day!