Monday, May 7

Firsts

Katie, Becky, and Allison all had their first sports game this weekend. Katie's first soccer game of the season ended in 3-0 win! Becky had her first softball game and hit two home runs one being a grand slam! I should explain that in the league she's in each player has a chance to bat and there are no strike outs. She was the last player up both times and therefore got to run all of the bases! She insists she doesn't like softball but she did GREAT, with two nice hits and she even stopped a couple of grounders to third! Allison had her first soccer game ever! What a riot to watch a field full of pre-K and K kids trying to move the ball around the field! Allison did very well but she kept wanting to head to the sidelines for a drink! I also had a first this weekend...I coached my first soccer game! Actually I am the assistant coach for Allison's team. Funny, huh? Me coaching...I know. Fortunately, at that age level it's mostly directing them and I don't need a full understanding of ALL the rules to do it! We don't have referees or anything, the coaches run the game. It was really fun. I'll have to get some good pics of everyone playing and post them!
Can you believe it is already MAY!? I think this week is actually suppose to start to feel like late spring weather! I'm so excited about that! We've started to clean up the pool. It was a horrible green last Friday but that's all gone and now it's just a matter of filtering all the winter grime out of it. It's looking 100% better than it did a few days ago! And with warmer weather on tap for this week, who knows, maybe we will be in it by Memorial Day...
So Eric and Danielle won the Amazing Race. I wish the blondes had won but I'm glad that Charla and Mirna did NOT win! They annoyed me. Eric and Danielle were a little annoying too but whatever!
Have a great day!