Wednesday, March 14

Allison's Birthday!

Allison is four years old. I can hardly believe it. She's fun, imaginative, silly, charming, joyful, and beautiful. For all the fits the child gives me she also brings such happiness to our lives. Happy Birthday Sweet Allison.

We had a fun and busy birthday weekend. Last Friday we started with a party for some of Allison's friends. We had six preschoolers here for cake, ice cream and presents. What a fun time she had until her friend Lauren made her mad and she smacked her. You read right, Allison smacked Lauren! Thankfully she apologized and no one was any worse for the wear!

Then on Saturday my folks came down and we had more cake, ice cream, and presents. Then we all (I mean ALL, my folks included) sat at the table for about an hour and played with Play Doh! That stuff is addicting! I bought a huge 24 pack of play doh and she got some for her birthday so we had TONS of it to play with!

Monday was Allison's actual birthday so of course we had to do something to acknowledge it! So my parents and I took her to Build a Bear at the Holyoke Mall in Springfield, because that's the closest Build a Bear to us. It's about an hour away. She picked out a really cute dog to 'blow up' as she calls it. Then we went to Friendly's for lunch where we had a super sweet waitress who rounded up a crew to sing Happy Birthday to Allison when they brought out her sundae. The WHOLE restaurant sang to her! And then EVERYONE in the place clapped for her too! It was so cool. I think I enjoyed it more than she did!! I think she felt really special, until we went to Penney's and she sat in a tippy, child sized patio chair and fell over. She hit her head on a square pole and ended up with a HUGE goose egg and even a small cut! So for the rest of the day all she talked about was how she got a big boo boo on her birthday!

And if that wasn't enough birthday celebrating, yesterday at her school they had cupcakes and sang to her one more time! I will post pictures later. Blogger is not cooperating - SHOCKER!

Now life is back to normal and I now have a 12 year old, a 7 year old (for another 3 1/2 weeks) and a 4 year old! I'll enjoy the break between birthdays, but I'm already making mental plans for Rebecca's party! Her birthday is the day after Easter this year.