Monday, February 26

Feeling at Home

It had been almost a year since the last time we sat in Berean Baptist Church in Brunswick, Maine. The first time we visited after our move was last April and being there made me sad. I missed it so much. I missed the big pipe organ, the formal sanctuary, the niceness of the building, the familiarity of it all. We were there yesterday and this time it was different. As we sat there none of those things made me long to be there. Instead it was after church when several people stopped to say hi or give me a hug - that made me miss Berean. Ed & I were married there, our babies were dedicated there, we taught Sunday school and watched other people's children grow up before our eyes. The people were such a large part of our lives for such a long time that I think we will always feel like it's our home church. I do miss them, very much and it was nice feel so welcome and to know that they miss us too.
So Ed has started playing hockey again. He played in high school but hasn't played since. He found out about adult hockey at the Boys and Girls club and decided to do it. He's become a regular at one of the local sports stores and I always joke him that after he's been in to the store the young guys must say, 'Hey, the old guy who plays hockey was in again!' He's not the OLDEST one who plays on Sunday nights but he's definitely not the YOUNGEST either. We got home yesterday in plenty of time for him to play, they start at 9:00 p.m., so off he went to hockey and off I went to bed! It must be coming back to him because last night he had two goals and an assist! Today he is one sore pup! I keep threatening him that the girls and I are going to show up as his cheering section one night with a big poster that says, "Our Dad is a super star!!" He doesn't think I'm funny...
We are planning to try snow tubing this weekend. I'm a little nervous about zooming down the side of a small mountain on a rubber tube with my small child. Notice I said WITH because there's no way on God's green earth she's going alone!! I'm always afraid the tube will hit some sort of bump and the tube will go one way and I will go the other. This has happened to me countless times while sledding as a child and even as an adult! Sledding in the right conditions is probably my favorite wintertime activity. I may get some pretty good pictures I will post for you!
Lakisha is my favorite American Idol contestant! She's so amazing. If you haven't started watching, you must!!! It's not too late to get hooked. It will be interesting to see if this week's performances are any better than last week. Most of them pretty much stunk last week!
Mid 30's here today. Cloudy. No wind. The driveway needs to be cleared of the snow that fell last Friday. It won't get done today...or tomorrow. I don't know when it'll get done. Ed's too busy and I don't feel like trying to do it. As long as I can get THROUGH it in my pathetically, pathetic in the snow van, then I guess there's no need to hurry out there and get it done.
Have a great day!