Wednesday, January 31

What We Did This Weekend


This weekend we got a project done that has been eating at both Ed and I since we moved into our house. The downstairs half bath somehow got left out of the interior painting we did last spring so it has been that awful pale yellow and had the UGLIEST GOLD light fixtures you've ever seen and an ugly mirror to match!! Let me just say that the builders of this house used gold fixtures in the kitchen, master bath, and half bath. I'm not a big gold fixture fan but the ones in the master bath are tolerable, the faucet in the half bath is fine, but the gold stuff in the kitchen was gone pretty much immediately when we moved in!! It was a challenge to come up with stuff for the bathroom that incorporated the gold faucet. I think it turned out a-okay.

So here's what the bathroom looked like when we came to look at the house before we bought it.

And this is what it looks like now.


I think it's much better. Ed and I are a good team when it come to these projects. I come up with the plan and he does the work! Works for me! I DO NOT have the patience to paint! I attribute that fact to my first job! I was a painter for several weeks one summer while we were in the Azores. We painted everything from playground equipment to traffic lines at the airport. We even painted cement stop signs. They had to be cement on an island where they called off school because of high winds! I literally got blown off my feet one time in a storm, but that's another story! Anyway, I didn't enjoy my painting job and try to avoid a paintbrush at all costs! Thankfully Ed is a great painter!

The other thing we did was to spruce up Becky's room. I haven't known what to do to make it cozier. Ed actually came up with the plan for this one! So here's Becky's room (scroll down to the picture from this link) when we first moved in.

And this is what we did. Just taking the bunkbeds apart and rearranging the room made such a difference. We also had an easier time deciding what to put on the walls and where to put it. She likes it better too.


That takes care of a couple of things, now there's only a gazillion more to do! It always seems that way, doesn't it? I think our next room will be the dining room. It really needs some furniture and wall stuff but I did get curtains which I love. I'll post pictures when that's done.

Stay Warm!!