Friday, January 5

Just for Laughs

Allison's version of 'Mary Had a Little Lamb.'


Mary had a little man
little man, little man.
Mary had a little man
And it's wife as snow - ho.
I'm not sure what the last line means but I love how Mary had a little man!
Katie is getting braces the beginning of February. The spacers go in on the 24 th of this month. I hope she's cooperative about taking care of them. She really has no idea what she's in for, which is probably a good thing. Unlike me, she won't need any teeth pulled in preparation for the braces to go on. And she won't need to wear a headgear of any other 'appliances' during her 22 (or so) months of metal. Rubber bands are likely, but that's nothing. Sounds pretty cut and dry. I have to admit I feel a little bad for her. Braces are no fun. Hopefully I can remain sympathetic when she's really uncomfortable those first couple of days and then after every appointment where they tighten things up. OOOH - just thinking about it brings back memories - OUCH!
It's almost 60 degrees here today! WOW! It smells like April. It's raining too, so it LOOKS like April. No snow in the forecast either. Yesterday after school the girls played outside with kids from the neighborhood, without coats, until it was dark (around 5). Unheard of in January! No complaints though, it was nice to be out. I even took the Christmas lights off the bushes. Usually they're frozen in place and they get all broken when they are removed, not this year. Poor Allison keeps asking when she can 'roll up Frosty the Snowman'. Maybe in April...