Monday, December 18

Christmas Cards


I've been thinking about how much it has meant to me this year to receive pictures of different families and kids in Christmas cards this year. I always enjoy a cute Christmas picture but this year, being away from friends and family in Maine, those pictures have meant so much more! It's amazing how quickly children change. It's been less than a year since we move away and in many cases, much less than that since we've seen some of these same kids, and yet they've somehow managed to grow up even more since we last saw them!! I'm sure it's that way for people seeing my girls too. When you're with them everyday you don't notice the changes in them as quickly. So, thank you for sending the pictures of your beautiful children! It makes me miss you guys but it also makes me thankful that we're keeping in touch!

I subscribe to a very fun Disney newsletter and this month's issue mentioned a cool way to surprise your kids. You can have a Disney character call them on the phone to wish them Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday or even for no particular reason, just to say Hi and have a great day. It's called Disney's Enchanted Call. Check out the link. It's $2.49 per call and oh so worth it! My girls got a big kick out of it. We even had Mickey Mouse call my parents.

Survivor Finale was interesting. I'm glad Yul won. It was all pretty predictable. I would've like to see the Aitu four turn on each other before the voted Adam out. NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO WATCH ON THURSDAYS??? I am totally running out of TV viewing options that appeal to me! Amazing Race all stars coming in February. LOST back in February. Okay, it sounds like February will be a good TV month.