Sunday, April 30

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Allison & Rebecca are having a fun time swinging in the backyard while Ed is up on the deck staining.

I titled this post "Miscellaneous Thoughts" and then I realized that I could probably use that title for all of my posts. You may see it again in a Part 2 or 3 or 20...

I fixed the Six Flags links in my post titled "Six Flags". If you had clicked on the links before it came up as an error. I realized my mistake and fixed it so now you can click to see the park and the rides I mentioned.

I watched "Just Like Heaven" last night. It was very cute. And if you like Reese Witherspoon, which I do, you'll really enjoy the movie. It's definately a girly movie so husbands beware. At a little over an hour and a half, it was the perfect length movie for after the kids go to bed. Those of you who know me know that I like to go to bed a little on the early side. Anyway, check it out.

I'm hooked on a new Bath & Body Works fragrance. It's Black Raspberry Vanilla. YUM! Kind of fruity, but light. The day we came for the final walk through before closing on this house, the previous owners left us a Bath & Body Works gift basket and black raspberry vanilla was the scent of the lotions and candles. The other day they were having buy 3 get one free so I stocked up. Katie is also getting into the bath and body stuff. A friend at school had some lotion that she liked so I got her some. It's from the American Girl line at Bath & Body. They have a few different scents in lotions, body splash, body wash, lip stuff, etc. Katie likes the Apple Blossom. Now when she's done in the shower the whole upstairs smells like yummy apples.

Ed is mowing the lawn as we speak. It needed it. We have a few weed issues that need addressing; crabgrass, and dandelions, and clover, OH MY! He'll spread some stuff down later that'll hopefully help. He also stained the back deck yesterday! It looks great. Today we'll put out the patio furniture. It'll be nice to be out there on those warm days.

One view of the newly stained back deck.

Another view of the back deck. What a difference it made to freshen it up. Didn't Ed do a good job?


Katie played her first soccer game yesterday. She did great! At first she was apprehensive and unsure of herself, but by the end of the game she was aggressive and determined to get the ball from her opponent. They lost 5-0, which is discouraging, but they learned alot, I'm sure, and today's game will be better! They have nine more games so there's plenty of time to turn things around.

Doesn't Katie look cute in her soccer uniform?

Great day to Everyone!!