Friday, May 29

We're Taking A Moment...

Becky and Allison are home today. Why? Well, because. Because I feel like they needed a day to chill out, take a moment, do NOTHING, and hopefully recover a little bit from the cold or allergies that have plagued them for over a week! I think it's allergies. It would be nice if the two doses of claritin that they've had will start to do something. Unless it's a cold and then we're only prolonging the inevitable... I also wanted to spend some time with them. I'm going to NYC next week with Katie for a couple of days and I thought Allison and Becky might like a day with mom too. So, in honor of chilling out and spending time together (and recovering from the creepy crud that plagues them) we are going to see a movie later. We're going to see "UP" the new Disney movie. Should be cute. Allison is all into the dog that she keeps seeing in the previews! Sometimes we all just need a day like this, don't we?

Shop Talk: My critique group continues to amaze me with their insight. I submitted my latest writing project to them and was encouraged by their suggestions and praise. It helps me to believe in my ability to tell a story and inspires me to keep at it. I love my critique group!

So, Ed will Mr. Mom next week while Katie and I are away. I'm sure he'll do great. I'll leave detailed lists of things like "remember to pack snacks for the girls for school", or "don't forget to take Lucy out," or "the bus comes at 3:00!" Actually the bus comes at 3:10 but it'll be good for him to get there early! He's planning to go to work while they're in school and come home for the bus. It will be a busy couple of days for him.