Saturday, February 7

General Mumblings



Katie had some friends over for a birthday slumber party. We went to the mall and they all got manicures. Their nails are all nice and fancy now. My nails aren't... Next time, maybe? I think they had a fun time - there was lots of giggling, smiling, and goofing off. The girls Katie had over are sweet, respectful, and fun - I enjoyed having them here! Even when their movies were over -at 1:00 a.m.!- they went upstairs and were quiet in Katie's room until they FINALLY fell asleep!

Tomorrow we are meeting our family in Burlington, MA at the Rain Forest Cafe for my nephew's birthday. Only my brother in law knows we'll be there so it'll be great surprising everyone else!! Should be a good time.

I read that Stephen King said some insulting things about Stephenie Meyers' writing abilities. She's the author of the Twilight series. I think that's a bit unprofessional. Perhaps she doesn't write poetically or eloquently but her audience seems to think she writes JUST FINE. Twilight is written from the perspective of a 17 year old girl - the writing style goes along with that! I don't know, it just bothered me that someone would say something negative about this author who is enjoying GOBS of success from her books. Anyway...

I guess that's about it for now. Have a great weekend!