Thursday, February 7

Stalking the Mailman and The Blue Lady

I've been stalking our mailman. It's not my fault really. We have a locked mailbox on our street and the only way for me to get our mail these last few days is by stalking him! I know you're wondering why I don't just use my key to get the mail and thereby not freak out the poor mailman. Well, my keys are in Alabama. How did they get in Alabama? Hmm, my dear husband took them with him on his business trip this week, that's how!! Monday morning I was going to start the van and my keys were nowhere to be found. FORTUNATELY, I remembered an extra key in the desk drawer. There was a house key in there too. But no mailbox key. A couple of hours later Ed called. He was SOOO sorry for taking my keys. He claimed he felt just sick to his stomach over it. He said he'd FedEx them to me overnight. Silly, silly man. He felt much better when I told him we were all set - except for the mail. He didn't care about the mail. I do. Yesterday I heard the mail truck coming up the street. Allison grabbed our coats and shoes and headed for the mailbox. The very kind mailman didn't seem alarmed to see me there stalking him. He very nicely handed me the mail, and didn't ask any questions. Ed will be home tonight. He can get the mail when he gets home. No more stalking for me.

Allison and I were at swimming lessons last week. We were in the locker room getting ready. A VERY old woman was in there too. She had just finished swimming and was strolling around the locker room in her undies. Yes, her undies. She walked passed Allison and I and headed into the restroom. After she passed by Allison whispered to me, "Mommy, why is she all blue?" "SHHHH!" I said. "But why is she?" "Because she's old," I said. I thought vericose veins might be a harder concept to grasp! I found it disturbing enough, I can't imagine what Allison thought!

Shop Talk: I'm still thinking awful thoughts. And I have ONE sentence written in my story. I'm trying to find just the right word/sound for a slingshot. And then, what sound does a cat make when it is struck by a jagged rock shot from the slingshot? I need both of these things for my opening paragraph. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Sounding awful so far? I'm trying to decide if the cat should die or just be mamed. Interesting stuff, I tell ya.

Ending with Scripture:
1 Corinthians 8:3 But the man who loves God is know by God.