Sunday, February 10

My Girl

Today is Katie's 13th birthday. How come I can remember so clearly the day she was born? I can tell you practically every detail of the day/night Katie was born. And yet, it was 13 years ago. The time has seemed to move in slow motion and zoomed by at lightning speed at the same time. I can't believe she is a teenager. I can't believe I am the mother of a teenager. Wow. Katie is an amazing girl. She has such a clear perception of who she is, what she believes, and what is right. She's comfortable with herself in a way that most people never experience. She's strong, determined, and goal oriented. I'm so proud of the person she is growing into. Happy Birthday Katie, I love you!

Me, Katie, and our sweet dog Emily. This was our first day home from the hospital. Good grief, I'm such a baby myself in this picture at 22 years old!!

Here's me and my girl (and Lucy) today.