Thursday, July 12

Delight Mammah

We got a wonderfully sweet letter from our Compassion International Sponsor child today. We've sent him a couple of letters and some photos of us all, along with some postcards and drawings from the girls. Here's a quote from the letter he wrote:

"Thanks so much for remembering me. Anytime I read your letter I feel some kind of joy within me. What makes me to be more happy is the beautiful pictures you sent to me. You are all beautiful. I love you all."

I can just imagine him saying these things with an adorable accent. He's from Ghana and he's 7 years old. His mother named him Delight Mammah. It must be because she knew what a delight it is to have children! Anyway, getting letters from him and reading about his life and knowing what our letters mean to him really makes it SO worth being a sponsor family! Katie and Becky especially get excited when we get mail from Compassion! It makes this child on the other side of the world REAL to us. It makes us AWARE of another culture besides our own. It makes our world BIGGER. And it FEELS GREAT to help a child. Check it out.