Wednesday, May 30

Sick of Being Sick!

Okay. Time for me to whine a bit... I have been catching every little bug and virus my children have been bringing home lately! I'm currently on Amoxicillin for an ear infection and strep throat. I've had conjunctivitis, fever, aches and chills, ALL OF IT! I'm glad I finally went to the doctor and got some medicine. After dose number two I began to feel better. My throat is still VERY sore but the advil is working for that. Hopefully I'm on the mend!
Allison and I are going to the Kindergym picnic in the park this morning. Last year they had a bouncy bounce, pony rides, snacks, sprinkler, etc. all for free! She's excited about going! Tomorrow is her pre-school graduation. She has another year of preschool but her school does an end of the year ceremony for each class regardless if they're going onto Kindergarten or not. It should be really cute and I'll post pics so you can see how sweet they all are! I can't believe the school year is just about over. I can remember the first day of school so clearly! Time to prepare for the laid back routine of summer. I'm not sure I'm entirely ready to have everyone home everyday. It may take a few days to get used to! We have some fun things planned already for summer so that will give them something to look forward to!
Katie is on a canoe trip with her science class this morning. I'm not sure how they are tying science and canoeing together but I think it's great that she's getting to go. The weather is perfect for a nice trip down the river! Katie has a good bit of canoe experience thanks to her weeks at Camp Good News. She's been looking forward to going!
We were at a soccer tournament over Memorial Day weekend. It was in Huntington, MA. Talk about being in the middle of nowhere! Huntington is very beautiful but it is literally at least 30 minutes away from anything. They have an adorable country store that serves delicious ice cream and the school where the tournament is held is really nice. They put on a great tournament and the weather was fantastic! Our girls took first place! Katie scored a goal in the second game and she had an awesome shot on goal during the final game. She did everything right and made a hard shot but the goalie was right there and stopped it. The final game ended in a 0-0 tie so we went to two five minute overtimes and still no one scored. Being the final game it couldn't end in a tie so it went to a shoot out. Five players from each team take a direct shot on goal. It's just the kicker and goalie. Whoever scores the most times wins. We won. It's such a stinky way to have to lose though. The other team was certainly worthy of first place, that's for sure! We have a couple more weeks of regular games and then spring soccer will be over.

Check back for some cute pics soon!