Monday, January 1

Happy New Year

I'm not much of a New Year's Resolution type. I have tried before to make some resolutions for the year ahead and by January 2 they were all but forgotten. I don't even try now. If you make New Year's resolutions, good for you. I hope you succeed. I tend to look at time in a seasonal format; you know, winter, spring, summer, fall, as opposed to the year as a whole. That's how life operates, don't you think? We plan things according to the time of year, not neccessarily the year itself. Maybe that's mostly true of people with school aged children - because then the school year sort of dictates our time and planning a bit more than folks without school aged kids. So while I don't make resolutions for the year ahead, I might have a goal for the summer - walk the dog every day; or the winter - bake more with the kids. I'm not sure if those are resolutions or not. My resolution for TODAY is to take down the Christmas decorations. Maybe that's how I'll do it - DAILY! Hmmm...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!