Friday, December 1

Mall Vendor

Okay, we've all been walking in the mall when up ahead you spot a vendor trying to pursuade passersby to let them demonstrate their various products. I don't know about you but I try to make myself busy looking the other way or talking to my kids, whatever. My technique really doesn't work. As a matter of fact, I have been carrying twelve shopping bags on one arm and Allison and our coats on another, and still I hear, "Would you like to try some lotion..." I think to myself, "Do I LOOK like I want to try some lotion!?" Instead, I say, as politely as I can muster, "No thanks." Well yesterday I passed by the vendor guy twice and I got to chuckling. I think he's selling lotion. His first request is for you to try his lotion. Then when you say no thanks to that, he squinches up his face, and with some kind of fast speaking accent he says, "Let me see your nails." It cracked me up! Normally I'm not paying attention to what he's saying or HOW he's saying it, but yesterday, well I found it quite funny! And it happended both times I walked passed him! So next time you pass a mall vendor, pay attention! You may get a good laugh out of it!

It's rainy, windy, and warm here today. I guess cold weather is on the way tomorrow. That's okay. I've heard talk that a good freeze would be great for the germs floating around out there! Time to FREEZE them!

Becky had her first basketball practice last weekend. She was pretty enthusiastic until about 10 minutes into practice the ball hit her square in the chest and knocked the wind out of her! After that she was less than impressed! Picture her standing on the court with her hands behind her back, trying not to move unless someone was coming directly towards her. That's how it was most of the practice. She did get into it a bit more during the last 10 minutes of practice. Maybe this week she'll enjoy it more! Nothing cuter than a bunch of little girls "playing" basketball! I'm sure with their limited skills and abilities they still play better than me!

Time to do some laundry! Have a Christmasy weekend!