Wednesday, November 29

Unwritten Etiquette

I just love this picture of Allison and Lucy. Poor Lucy can't get a break!! Anyway...

I was honked at in the school parking lot this morning by another parent... I sat there in disbelief for a moment before I got REALLY irritated. I mean, does this woman not know the unwritten etiquette concerning dropping your child off at school!? Unwritten etiquette CLEARLY states that ALL parents are to wait patiently while other parents (whether they be in front of them, to the side of them, or smack dab in the middle of the road) drop off their children. Honking is NEVER acceptable. Being in a hurry is not an option! Am I the only parent who knows about this?? I doubt it. Some parents just slow down enough for their kids to hop out, others park in the middle of the road and walk them to the door. I let Becky out and then watched as she walked into the school. 30 seconds tops! No honking was necessary! The honker was a "slow down just enough to let her child out" type and I don't think I've seen her in the morning before. I'll cut her a break this time, but if she honks at me or anyone else again...