Wednesday, June 7

Site Work


The man was here yesterday to do the site work yesterday. How come all projects start out looking really bad? This one looks really bad. Especially today since it's been raining non stop. Now I have a huge mud pit in my backyard!!


Allison enjoyed watching the "man in the little red truck". It kept her entertained most of the afternoon. It was cloudy all day but warm so we enjoyed being on the back deck. There were trucks all over the neighborhood that day doing one thing or another so it was a bit loud.

I love this picture of the back wheels OFF the ground. Very interesting. I sure hope this looks nice after it's all done. The man who actually puts the pool up called to say he is delayed because of the rain but we are the next ones he'll do. So as soon as things dry out some we should see him. Now, will the weather warm up? Good grief, I hope so.

Katie is going to visit her new Middle School today with the other 5th graders. They'll stay through lunch time which I think is a fine idea. I hope she has a good experience today and will be excited to go there. It's a nice school, brand new, and a great floor plan. Ed & I will go to a parent orientation next week. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm glad the school year is winding down. I'm looking forward to a break in the rountine, some lazy mornings, and spending time with my girls. It'll be fun to spend some time in Maine with friends and family. Our family is anxiously waiting for the arrival of our newest member. She's due mid June so we'll be up to see her. Allison is about to be dethroned as the baby of the Cook family, lucky for her she'll keep her baby status on my side! It'll be interesting to see how she likes the baby. Yesterday at the Bible study I went to, one of the younger children was crying for her mother. She's about 18 months old. Allison started crying too and then she hollered, "BE QUIET BABY!" I found it quite funny! Must be my weird sense of humor. The child just cracks me up, even now as I'm typing this I'm laughing out loud!

The landscape crew is supposed to come out next week so be on the lookout for before and after pictures. I'll be sure and post some of the pool when it's up too.