Wednesday, June 14

Kindergym


Our local community center runs a program twice a week for pre-schoolers called Kindergym. They set up the gym with all kinds of play equipments and toys. There's slides and see saws, balls and parachutes, stories and crafts. All of this for $3 a visit. Allison and I went several times and had a great time. Today was the end of the year picnic at a nearby park. There were bouncy houses, pony rides, a playground, snacks, a clown making balloon animals and lots of other things too. The best part was that it was all FREE. Allison had a blast! Check her out riding the horse! She seems to be a natural.

Here she is loving the bouncy house. This was by far her favorite part of the picnic.


What a perfect day for this. It was a little cloudy, a little muggy, and not too hot. Allison discovered the sprinkler that was set up and got quite soaked. She kept saying, "Mommy, I'm going in the sprinkly". So cute. Her friend from next door was there and they had fun playing in the sand together and running through the water. It's stuff like this picnic that really make this feel like a small town. It's really neat and makes me glad we are in this community.


Here's another picture of the pool, from the deck. I've got two garden hoses in it today. I thought it would look really small but it's actually a nice size. I think it's just right for us.

I'm not sure if it shows up real well in this picture but this a pathway we created in the trees behind our house. We laid mulch down and put some plant pots along it. I'll see if I can get some better pictures of it. Allison calls it her "castle garden" and Becky says it's her favorite part of the back yard. Speaking of Becky, she seems to have recovered from her fall without complication. I'm glad. I miss her today, she's good company. Four more days of school.