Friday, June 30

Fall Soccer Already?

Guess where we are headed first thing tomorrow morning...fall travel soccer tryouts! Can you believe it, already! The competition is even more fierce for the fall league with only 8 positions open between two teams. At least I think that's how it works. I guess we'll learn more tomorrow. Last night we went to the soccer party for Katie's team. It was relatively boring but Ed and I did get a chance to get to know some of the parents better, which was nice. Allison split her lip open and then smeared the blood all over her face so she looked pretty awful. Of course the split lip came after a rather loud protest about wanting to be on the trampoline. Leave it to the Cooks to provide the entertainment. Sometimes I swear there is a hidden camera pointed at me...there are plenty of moments when this life of mine would make a great sitcom!

The girls and I hit the mall this morning. Filene's was having a huge sale! I cleaned up big time on very cute things for Allison. I didn't find anything for anyone else, however, we did find some things at Old Navy and Sears. I've discovered the one brand of jeans that won't let me down...Levi's, juniors Levi's. Misses sizes aren't made for someone with no hips so I finally tried the junior's and like the way they fit. And for all of you in Maine, Bean's is having their annual Summer sale. Check it out, there was lots of good stuff there over the weekend.

Since moving we've been inundated with telemarketer calls. My dad reminded me about the do not call list. www.donotcall.gov will take you to the site where you register to be on the do not call list. Registering virtually eliminates calls from telemarketers. I can't wait for it to go into effect! It can take up to 30 days to start working.

Here are a couple pics of the landscaping work in progress. The wall is done now,, as is the walkway and a couple of trees have been planted. We need to get up to the nursery this weekend to pick out the other plants to go in the new beds. Ed is going to work on the patio by the pool this weekend. Right now it's a giant mud pit!



I'll try to post more pics this weekend. Blogger can be so finicky! Make sure you take in a parade or fireworks this long weekend! Get out and DO something WITH your family. Sitting at a cookout while your kids play with other kids doesn't count. Make a memory...