Wednesday, April 12

Home Improvements Part 2


Some of you have asked to see pictures of the outside of our house. I will include them with this post, but keep in mind that these are BEFORE pictures. We are doing landscaping this Spring so I'll send AFTER pictures later. The house is three years old and we are the third owners...hmmm...A good scrubbing and some cosmetic help and it's good as new. I truly didn't mind having to clean it or paint it, I have a saying, "Once you clean it, it's yours." It's mine alright, all of ours, because we all worked hard those first days in the house. My mom and dad even got in on the cleaning. Mom was up on the counters cleaning the top of the cabinets and Dad pulled out the stove and fridge to clean back there. We found quite a few "treasures" including a key chain from Paris, various magnetic letters, and lots of grime! And they brought up their rug shampooer so I could do the rugs, YAY! What a difference it all made. The Cooks are big on smells and none of us liked the smell of this house when we moved in. After the good scrubbing, febreeze, and candles it smells like US! Now it's the decorating that needs to be done. Mostly curtains, but the girls need things on the walls and I need some more house plants. Curtains seem to take a long time for me to pick out. I just got some yesterday for our bedroom. I'm going to see if I can't figure out how to hang the rods myself today. Maybe I'll post some pics of my success!
Allison is sick today. She was sick in the night and now has a slight fever. I don't know...She's a tough cookie, she doesn't really act sick until her fever reaches about 104. Right now it's about 101. Her hair is all wild and she's still in her pj's! Poor little pickle.

This is the outside of our house. The lattice is off now and planting preparations are being made. We've never owned a BLUE house before!

Here's Ed washing the back deck. Check out the difference. He uses a Behr Deck Wash. It's awesome! It works great on composite too. Now he just has to seal it. It was suggested that he use Australian Timber Oil to bring out the natural Mahogany color. I'll post an after picture later.