Tuesday, April 4

Blessings

Last week I made a decision to be outgoing (not easy) and meet some neighbors in our new neighborhood. A family moved in around the corner a week after us so I started with them. I made brownies and brought them over. They just had their second little boy a week earlier. And their older son is Allison's age! YAY! Then at the bus stop I decided to introduce myself to the mother of a little girl who's Becky's age, (we all drive down to the bus stop so we are sitting in our cars to wait). That was a little more difficult, but I did it and that afternoon Becky played with Chloe. As it turns out Chloe's family loves to go to Disney World just like we do. After chatting with Chloe's mom for awhile it was obvious that we will get along great! Very exciting. I also met who I thought was a new neighbor when in fact they were just moving out, but that's another story. Later in the week we met a little girl and her mom who live two doors down from us. The little girl is Allison's age. And behind us we met another girl Becky's age. At Allison's gymnastics class I met a few moms who were more than happy to give me lots of great info on the area, like things to do with the kids, places to hike, parks, wildlife sanctuaries, etc. It was great. I was so excited that as soon as I stepped outside my comfort zone (with God's help)the blessings were there. As you've probably noticed, there aren't that many girls for Katie to play with. There is a couple of girls across the street but one is moving soon and Katie doesn't feel like she clicks with the other. God knows and He will provide just like He did in Maine.

I think we've also found a nice church. It's an Evangelical Free Church which I guess is a little different than what we're used to but it's a good different. If you want to check out their web site it is: www.pittsfieldefc.org It's a good site with lots of info on the church and their belief system and such. It's a much smaller church than we came from but it's nice. We'll try it for awhile and see if it's where we should be or not. I'm looking forward to getting to know them.