Monday, April 10

Becky's Birthday

My sweet Becky is 7. I can hardly believe that 7 years ago she was born into our lives. My favorite memories of Becky as a baby are: When the nurse brought this screaming bundle of baby to me in the middle of the night and as soon as I took her and held her in front of me so I could see her pink little face, she got completely quiet, and all I could see in the half lit room were her beautiful blue eyes staring at me. That moment is frozen in my mind. Those blue eyes...they tell all you need know about what's going on in that little head of hers. Mostly her eyes smile, but those times when she's sad, silent tears will stream down her cheeks, and break even the hardest heart. Also as a baby/toddler she was so content. Every week at Bible study she'd sit in my lap and never squirm to get down. And the hours we spent at the Y for Katie's swim team practices she'd sit happily next to me with no complaints. She's still like that, content. As she's growing I see in her a desire to always help anyone in anyway, a kindness and thoughtfulness, and a sweetness she definately did not get from her mother! Now that she's 7 some of my favorite things about Becky are: her great belly laugh, the fabulous way she has of explaining things, the sparkle in her eyes, her kindness towards her sisters (most of the time), and her devotion to her dad.

We had a fun time in Maine this past weekend celebrating Becky's birthday with friends and family. The time went too quickly and I wish we could've spent more time visiting but it was good to come home and back into our routine. I'll post some of my favorite pics from this weekend later...IF blogger cooperates - at the moment I'm having some technical difficulties!

We did manage to go Letterboxing again. Fun, fun. We brought Terri, Alicia, and Rachel with us and we went to a box left by our old neighbors. What a nice little walk we had. The girls loved spending time with their friends and as always we had a great visit! I wonder if they will get hooked on letterboxing now.

It's a beautiful day in western Mass.; not a cloud in the sky and 60's. No complaints. The laundry is all caught up and my floors are vacuumed. Allison is playing happily in her pop up castle and I remembered to bring a special treat to Becky's school to share with her class in honor of her birthday. It's the little things...